On Wednesday, the House Energy and Commerce subcommittee will hold a hearing entitled, “Building a 100 Percent Clean Economy: Solutions for the U.S. Power Sector.”
The Chairman for the Energy & Commerce Committee issued a memo that included research summarizing the key areas of rationale for holding the hearing, including: energy usage dynamics, electricity market structures and policy options to pursue decarbonization approaches.
The following six witnesses will testify (links to their prepared remarks included):
- Ralph Izzo, Chairman, President & CEO, Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated (PSEG). View Ralph Izzo’s testimony here.
- Lee Anderson, Government Affairs Director, Utility Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO. View Lee Anderson’s testimony here.
- Karen Palmer, Senior Fellow and Director, Future of Power Initiative Resources for the Future. View Karen Palmer’s testimony here.
- Jeff Dennis, General Counsel and Managing Director, Advanced Energy Economy. View Jeff Dennis’s testimony here.
- Jim Matheson, Chief Executive Officer, National Rural Electric Cooperative Association. View Jim Matheson’s testimony here.
- John Bear, Chief Executive Officer, Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc. (MISO). John Bear’s testimony here.
You can access the livestream for the hearing here. The hearing will begin at 10:30 am Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday, October 30.
Your Opinion Matters
Have Something To Say About This Story?