PRINCETON, N.J.– NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) today reported third quarter 2018 income from continuing operations of $306 million. Income from continuing operations for the first nine months of 2018 of $601 million, or $1.91 per diluted common share, compares to income from continuing operations of $116 million, or $0.56 per diluted common share for the first nine months of 2017. Adjusted EBITDA for the three and nine months ending September 30, 2018, was $677 million and $1,580 million, respectively. Year-to-date cash from continuing operations totaled $758 million.
- Closed on sale of NRG’s interest in NRG Yield and the Renewables Platform for $1.348 billion
- Executing on second $500 million share repurchase commitment, totaling $1 billion in 2018
- Announcing an additional $500 million share repurchase authorization
- Redeemed $485 million balance of 2022 senior notes and prepaid $155 million of Term Loans, achieving corporate debt reduction target of $640 million; on track to achieve 3.0x net debt / EBITDA for 2018
- Narrowing 20182 guidance to the upper-half of range and initiating 2019 Adjusted EBITDA and FCFbG guidance
- C. John Wilder announces retirement from the Board of Directors
“Our quarterly and year to date results demonstrate the benefits of the integrated retail and generation platform,” said Mauricio Gutierrez, President and Chief Executive Officer, NRG. “We are making significant progress on achieving our Transformation Plan targets and capital allocation priorities.”
Consolidated Financial Results
On August 31, 2018, NRG completed the sale of its interest in NRG Yield and the Renewables Platform. As a result, the financial information for NRG Yield, the Renewables Platform and Carlsbad Energy Center has been deconsolidated from the current period and all historical periods have been recast to reflect the presentation of these entities as discontinued operations.
Earnings Conference Call
On November 8, 2018, NRG will host a conference call at 9:00 a.m. Eastern to discuss these results. Investors, the news media and others may access the live webcast of the conference call and accompanying presentation materials by logging on to NRG’s website at http://www.nrg.com and clicking on “Investors” then “Presentations & Webcasts.” The webcast will be archived on the site for those unable to listen in real time.
At NRG, we’re redefining power by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We create value by generating electricity and serving nearly 3 million residential and commercial customers through our portfolio of retail electricity brands. A Fortune 500 company, NRG delivers customer-focused solutions for managing electricity, while enhancing energy choice and working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy, @nrginsight.
Your Opinion Matters
Have Something To Say About This Story?